Tuesday, November 27, 2007
I started taking photographs with an SLR I borrowed from a friend for a vacation back in 1983. I really enjoyed making the images and set up a darkroom for developing black & white prints. Started shooting for the local weekly paper and had a few one man shows in some small town galleries. Moved aboard a boat and to the Caribbean. Taught windsurfing in the British Virgin Islands for four years, during which time I had put away the cameras and darkroom for a while. When my wife threatened to throw them all away if I didn't start using them I got started again. (She can be quite a motivator!) That was followed by a stint of managing and owning restaurants which didn't leave a lot of time for photography. It was then I realized I wasn't a happy camper and remembered I had always enjoyed taking photos. You know what they say, "Do what you love and you will become a success."
- Thanks for clients like these
- The Baguley's Family Portrait
- Cirque du Soleil "0"
- Successful Photographer Business and Marketing new...
- Marty, Leslie and Jadyn
- Houston destination wedding Part 3
- Destination Houston Wedding post two
- Stamatiou Reynolds wedding first post
- Holly & Michael Wedding Creekside Inn Sedona
- Matt and Mindy's Wedding